1.06.2008

Decide

in life, we make decisions everyday....some large, some small, but all important. when it comes to the important ones, there are no easy decisions. to decide requires a death, a dying to a thousand options, the throwing aside of multitudes of possibilities in order to choose only one. de-cide. homo-cide. sui-cide. parti-cide. the root word decidere means "to cut off". every decision cuts us off, separates us from nearly infinite objects as we select just one single path. and every decision we make earns us the favor of some and the disfavor of others. i know that in the past i have been in the disfavor of many, but all i'm searching for, making my decisions for is the favor of ONE. who are you trying to win the favor of? decide...

2 comments:

Linda said...

Jeff,
I don't know if you got my first message or not - but anyway - I really appreciate you words on DECIDE - it's alot of good thought. I think it will come in handy with the 11th grade girls Bible study I lead.

Blessings & good luck with the fish
Aunt Linda

Jeff Reininger said...

Good luck with your 11th grade girls! Yikes!! And I'll keep ya updated on the fish!