1.31.2008

Communication

"what we've got here , is... failure to communicate. some men you just can't reach. so you get what we had here last week. which is the way he wants it. well, he gets it. i don't like it any more than you men." - warden martin from cool hand luke


it's funny how sometimes even when you try your best to communicate information to someone, you're still the one who everyone blames when someone else drops the ball. today i received a suprising phone call at work. a client who i haden't spoken with in over a month called me and asked me about the status of his job. it took me a second to recall his job from the dusty archives of my scattered brain. i collected my thoughts and told him that as of the last time we spoke (over a month ago), he had placed that project on hold, and it was to remain on hold until he notified me otherwise. i even sent him a subsequent email stating the exact same back on the day of that conversation. so, naturally, he proceeds to get upset with me for prolonging the project, and hangs up on me! awesome!

not 10 minutes later i get a phone call from my boss asking me what happened with the previously-mentioned project...why i dropped the ball and why the client is all ticked off and now looking for a new architect? are you freaking kidding me! i did everything right, and somehow i'm still the bad guy! after a couple minutes of defending myself, i get my boss back on my side. as for the client, perhaps warden martin was right, "some men you just can't reach."

1 comment:

archie said...

It seems much of society has a problem taking responsibility for its actions. That's where as Christians have the opportunity to shine. The things that make us different are the same things that attract the lost to us and God. Kinda like a moth being attracted to the light.