3.05.2008

Turn The Page

you know what song i haven't heard in a long time? bob seger's turn the page. that's what i was thinking this morning while trying to wake my tired self up in the shower. for some reason, that song popped into my head and would not let go. it flowed through my mind as i got dressed, fed the dog, packed a lunch, etc. it was one of those times when you have a song in your head and it won't go away. the good thing is, i really like this song, and like i said, i haven't heard it in quite some time, so i wasn't annoyed that it was stuck in my brain, i just wanted to hear it. i probably would have sung it outloud with my horrendous voice if it wasn't for 2 reasons: (1) katy was still sleeping and had i woken her up with my horrible singing, she probably would have been a bit annoyed...and (2) the last time i sang that early in the morning (a sunday while getting ready for church) duncan let out a growl and bark that sounded like we was defending someone from a pack of wild wolves (did i mention i don't sing too well?), and this would have lead back to problem (1).

so, i decided to keep the words in my head, finished getting ready, kissed katy goodbye and walked out the door. i got into the car, turned it on, let it warm up a minute and turned on the radio....and there it was....bob seger's turn the page!!! are you freaking kidding me! "how cool is that", i thought. i began to wonder, what should i do now? buy a lottery ticket? quit my job? write bob seger or call the radio station and personally thank them? no, probably a bit extreme! i just took a minute to thank God. now, i know that this wasn't a divine intervention of biblical proportions or anything, but to me, it was exactly what i needed to get my day started right. what was your "bob seger" moment?

2 comments:

ry@n said...

I love that this happened. you really should have played the lottery. you can predict the future apparently. thanks for tonight...if......we looked at it differently what would happen. Great facilitation and incredible leadership. I admire you in more ways than one.

Anonymous said...

That's affectionately referred to as a "God Spot". Consider yourself blessed! Keep on, keeping on. God's not done, yet.