3.25.2008

Broken Heart

pretty much all day today i've been listening to a Hillsong United Live cd (thanks ryan)... and there is one song that stands out in particular, Hosanna...and even more than that, one line in the song that has had me in or near tears pretty much all day. the line is: "Break my heart for what breaks Yours". that line is amazing to me. basically God, let me see the world the way you see it. not through tinted windows, gated communities or rose colored glasses, but show me the real things you see. show me the real love, the real pain and all the things in between. also God, i know i'm going to fail over and over again, but please give me the strength to do something about these things, and not just turn a blind eye. i pray to you for strength, to love all without judgement and to give without selfishness... to be more like Jesus and less like me. truely break my heart God, so that i may do...

4 comments:

Jay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

I found this album because I watched Ryan's video on Kyle's blog and HAD to find the song that played. I googled the words and eventually found the Hillsong album. This album HAS GOT to be my very favorite of all time. I have played it SO often my coworkers beg me to find another cd to play. Too much play in the office.

This song reminds me that God IS SO IN the details of our lives..as small as they are or as small as they are to us.

'Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest. ..heal my heart and make it clean, open up my eyes to the things unseen, show me how to love like you have loved me..'

--Sara

Jay said...

Every time I hear that song, it brings me to tears. The part that gets me the most, though, is "hosanna, hosanna, hosanna in the highest": "save now, save now, save us from on high." Mostly this is because of that video that Ryan made, but also for other reasons.

ry@n said...

i absolutely love this song, everything about it. what a great realization. by the way nice new look. daddy likey.