12.19.2007

New Beginnings

okay, lets see, i guess i should start off by telling you a bit about myself. my full name is jeffrey keith reininger; but i go by jeff. i don't like typing capital letters, because that's all i can do at work. for some reason architects prefer all caps!? im married to the most amazing and beautiful woman in the world, katy. we are the proud owners of a wonderfully energetic and loving black-and-white shih-tzu named duncan. he has an amazing ability to always make us laugh, even when moments are tense.



i told you all of those things to tell you this... i don't deserve any of that. i truely feel like the luckiest man on earth and i thank God everyday for the blessings He has given me and the amazing amount of grace He has shown unto me. i know we hear all the time that we don't deserve His grace.... well, believe me, no one understands that more than me. God's seen me in some tough situations and circumstances that i've put myself into; and through it all; He has shown me the light. none are beyond His salvation.



so, by now i'm sure you're asking yourself, "jeff, what's the purpose of your blog and why should i read it?" honestly, i didn't even want to start one. after all, it seems like everyone else has a blog already. but i really feel that God is putting things on my heart that i can't keep inside. He wants me to express my thoughts, even if its only to a few people. if nothing else, its a great way for me to look back on my own life, experiences and emotions someday.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!!!


Love Aunt Beth

See you Christmas Eve!!!

Jay said...

It's because designers used to use stencils to do their lettering and the stencils only had capital letters. When the world went electronic, this anachronism remained. The draftsmen where I work are supposed to use all caps, too...

I actually created my blog because I wrote up the first post for the Tribe blog and then decided it didn't belong there, but still needed to be posted. I encourage you to deliver the words God gives you to deliver; living in a whale's belly doesn't sound fun :p.

Jeff Harris said...

Keep on blogging...writing helps you capture what you think...it's power and catharsis all in one.