12.20.2007

Defensive Driving*



blinkers must be part of an upgrade package on vehicles that i never knew about. that would be the only way to explain the amount of people who drive without ever using them. all i can figure is that they must have gone with the 5-disc cd changer or rear a/c instead. i spent about 2 hours today driving from job site to job site for work and it seemed that everyone without this safety package option needed to get right in front of me! you can ask katy, that is probably my biggest pet-peeve…people who don’t use their blinkers! i realized something today while steaming behind a black f-350 that cut me off; this is a perfect example of our world today. today’s society as a whole lives in a "it’s all about me" world. "i need these shoes, i need that shirt, i need to be there now, i can’t believe her", etc. the funny thing is, it’s not all about you (or me). it never has been and it will never be. i guess the question is, how do you get people to realize this? your guess is as good as mine. maybe on my next car i’ll go with the cattle guard upgrade.


*writers note: this rant is not directed toward anyone in particular…but if you feel yourself fitting the description, I apologize.

1 comment:

Kyle Burkholder said...

nice job, pal.

you know my pet peeve? people with google accounts (like blogger) who don't use gmail.

thereiningers@gmail.com sounds nice. consolidate!!!