2.04.2009

I AM

i am a son, a husband, a friend and a dog owner.

society would say i am an architect.
the church would tell you i am a Christ follower

i am a former womanizing, selfish, insecure alcoholic.
i am changed.

some might say i am a leader, funny, immature, a follower, entertaining, obnoxious, calm, irrational, patient, steady, a success, content, cheap, a great friend, a failure, giving, someone who left them behind.

i say i have been all of these things.

i am excited too see what the future holds.

i am sometimes afraid of failure. afraid that i will fail as a husband, as a provider and someday as a father. i am sometimes afraid that the urge to taste another drink again becomes more than i can bear. i am hopeful that these fears never subside.

i am sometimes forgetful that God will provide the strength for me. i am sometimes too self-reliant.

i am eager for what today may bring.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Paul would say, "I am not who you think I am. I am not who I think I am. I am who God knows me to be." Keep running the race!

Sara said...

Your post reminds me of the song "I AM" by Mark Schultz. We can be all things through God who is the all being I AM. :)