7.14.2008

3 Nails

freedom... what does it mean if it isn't focused on God...at all times? not just when everyone is looking...but especially when no one is giving a glancing eye. freedom builds character...builds vision...builds you. who you are...what you decide effects your eternity...not just little irrelevent snaps in time. focus on the greatness of you. the bigger picture. the joy, the pain, and all the in between. it's all real, it's all who you are. i pray for strength in the hard times, the times when no one is around to form accountability. those times really build who we are and what we really stand for. people can be fake, dirty facades of expectations...but it's who we are when no one is around that really builds us. build from the inside-out. the core, the soul, the heart... they break while the glue of those expectations hold the exterior together...but eventually that glue ages, the mold cracks, and the real us comes blasting thru. God, let the in-and-out of me be a mirror image...a carbon-copy, one in the same. break my heart, open my eyes fully, to help me understand why i do what i do...help me remember grace, love, 3 nails. help me be free...

*i wrote this last night at summer nights (a sunday night worship service for our church ministry) while caught in a worship moment with God. while it was written from my perspective solely for myself, i hope that others feel the same way. thank you God for this intimate time with you.


No comments: